Sunday 28 October 2018

**** THORNS OF A ROSE CHAPTER 15 WRITTEN BY WUNGA ****

And here is your sprite which is A plus if I do say so myself,’’ Ash puts down my bottle.
I grinned at him and watch as he spins
around his little plate holder thing, which has Tim’s food on it.
I had to admit he was a really good waiter.
‘’And here’s your poopslaw,’’ he slams down the cup.
Or not.
Tim growled at him.
‘’Oh. I meant coleslaw sorry. It’s been a long day,’’ Ash cleared his throat.
I snickered behind my hand and got a glare at Tim.
‘’What?’’ I sighed.
Ash was still standing there, looking bored as he flicked his pen up and down.
‘’You can go now,’’ Tim glowered.
‘’I’ll tell you where you can go-‘’ I cut both of them off with pretending to choke on my sprite.
Which-can you choke on a drink?
I wasn’t sure but they both fell for it so whatever.
‘’I’ll go get your bill which was handled by Piper who digs in her nose,’’ Ash rushed away.
Well that’s great.
I watched him fly into the kitchen like a bird.
‘’What a wacko am I right?’’ Tim laughed thumbing to point at him.
‘’I think he’s kinda charming-‘’ I blurted out gripping my sprite so hard my knuckles turned white.
Oh, God.
Did I really just say that in front of him?What the heck was wrong with me?
‘’Charming. Seriously? Man those pregnancy pills sure did mess you up,’’ he roared.
I gritted my teeth tightly and watched him pick up his knife.
‘’Look I want to talk to you about something,’’ he started messing with a piece of bacon.
I straightened up, ignoring the doubt niggling in my mind.
What was the worse that could happen?
‘’I settled down in some apartment, got a nice job, and I um..I got a girlfriend,’’ he shoved a piece of toast into his mouth.
I felt the sprite gurgle in the back of my throat like bile.
‘’W-what?’’ I gagged out.
Tim sheepishly smiled and slurped some of his coffee which made me uneasy.
That stain still hadn’t really come out all the way.
‘’Are you kidding me? Tim I thought..we still..I-‘’ I stopped myself.
I would start crying if I kept talking.
‘’What Dahlia? We gotta move on sometime,’’ he firmly said.
No.
No.
No.
‘’Move on? Move on? ‘’ I was exploding now, like the top of a volcano.
‘’Yes move on! Lilly isn’t even your kid anymore she’s with someone else and obviously you..’’ his voice trailed off.
He didn’t have to finish.
I pushed the sprite bottle away and stormed off, tears streaming down my face.
Why had I even agreed to come to see him?
Why was this so surprising to me?
The door swung open and I jumped, realizing I had landed in the supplies unit.
‘’Hey Dahlia can you pass me that huge flour bag?’’ Ash stuck his head out.
I glanced around and sniffled, grabbing one of the sacks.
‘’This one?’’ I croaked looking up at him.
He came out from the door and plopped down next to me, rubbing his eyes.
‘’What’s wrong? Did Romeo break your heart? We have some bleach in the back,’’ he grinned.
I glared at him and picked an eyelash off my face.
‘’No. Tim has a girlfriend ,’’ I panicked.
Ash played with his pen clicking it on and off.
‘’Blast it, Tim! Maybe we should throw him off a cliff, but tie him up first. How about it?’’ he raised an eyebrow.
He didn’t even know who Tim was.
I sighed and put my head in my hands, feeling sea sick almost.
What to do?
‘’Okay fine maybe we can’t throw him off a cliff,’’ he stroked his chin.
And then he snapped his fingers.
‘’What? Do you have an idea?’’ I sniffled, wiping an arm across my damp face.
‘’I can-accidentally’’ spill coleslaw on him!’’ Ash jumped up.
He started to pace back and forth.
I started to smile at the thought of Tim gasping for air under the disgusting food.
‘’Well? What are you waiting for? Go get the coleslaw!’’ I cried.
Ash grinned at me and started for the door.
‘’Watch out!’’ I laughed.
It was always funny watching people run into doors. He groaned and let his tongue flop out.
‘’Let’s go before he leaves,’’ I tugged Ash up.
Now that I think about it, he was charming.
Really charming.

No comments:

Post a Comment