Saturday 27 October 2018

**** CHAPTER13 THORNS OF A ROSE WRITTEN BY WUNGA ****

‘’Mom seriously?’’ I flopped back on the love seat still in my apartment.

There was no one to sit on it with now.
‘’What? It’ll give you something to do,’’ she cheerily said.
I shook my head and then pressed the phone harder to my ear.
‘’And what exactly do I have to do there?’’ I stretched out my back which cracked.
Tim used to give me all sorts of massages.
‘’Just hang out with the kids. They love to plant there Dahlia.’’
What Mom wanted, was for me to volunteer at the Children’s Hospital Planting Center.
Weird.
When she adds my name at the end there’s no backing out.
I rolled my eyes and sighed.
‘’Fine I guess I’ll go. When does it start?’’ My nose twitched and I angrily rubbed it.
A sneeze exploded and she yelped out a ‘’God bless you!’’
‘’Thanks,’’ I rubbed my weary eyes.
She sounded like she was washing her hands on the phone.
‘’It starts on the weekdays. They say you can bring a friend,’’ I could hear her smiling.
A friend.
Yeah right.
I didn’t even have one.
Ash’s messages popped into my mind along with Ralph from last night.
‘’They’re just boys,’’ I mumbled to myself.
Probably just hitting on me-as usual.
‘’Dahlia?’’ Mom’s voice snapped me back to reality.
‘’Got it on the weekdays. See you later,’’ I started to click the green button.
She paused and I urged the air with my hand.
‘’I have something to tell you, honey,’’ her voice had gotten stiff.
What now?
I started to cough and got up, searching the fridge for some frozen orange juice.
It sounded weird, but it was delicious.
‘’Tim’s in town,’’ she squeaked.
I dropped the bottle, the color rushing out from my cheeks.
Tim.
‘’Timmy’s here?’’ A bright smile spread across my face.
Mom probably nodded because after that she cleared her throat.
‘’He said he’s dying to see you. And he wants to meet at the cafe soon,’’ her voice was quivering.
‘’Really?’’ I was jumping up and down.
No way.
Well if this was true I had to get ready.
Maybe I still had some old makeup to freshen up my face.
‘’Okay thanks Mom bye,’’ I grinned and quickly shoved the phone into my dresser.
‘’But-‘’
I laughed crazily at her cut off voice and smiled at myself.
After taking forever I was ready and headed out the door.
Luckily my car had been driven over ever so kindly so I was set to go.
I put a hand on the doorknob and squealed.
He was really here.
‘’Here I come Timmy,’’ I closed my eyes and tried to imagine his face.
Somehow it had disappeared.
All I felt was a rush of cold wind blowing against me.

No comments:

Post a Comment