Wednesday 24 October 2018

**** CHAPTER 3:THORNS OF A ROSE WRITTEN BY WUNGA ****

I managed to get a trucker to drive me back to my apartment.

It was pretty awkward, especially with his country music he was blasting loudly.
‘’Sorry about all this. Guess my car didn’t want to work,’’ I plainly blinked at him.
Figures.
He pulled into the apartment driveway and stared at me.
I stared back and then dropped my gaze, my cheeks feeling all hot. This was defintley in the top five most embarrassing things.
Number One was Dad flipping out on me in a cafe when I told him about Lilly.
‘’I have something to tell you guys,’’ I quietly folded my hands.
Tim cleared his throat about ten times before I spat the truth out nervously.
‘’I’m pregnant,’’ I whispered.
‘’Your what?’’ Dad stiffened his wide eyes alert.
“Pregnant. I’m having a girl,’’ I beamed proudly while Tim flicked through his phone.
He wasn’t even paying attention.
At that moment, Dad acted like he was a beast ready to destroy a village with his bare hands.
‘’Don’t sweat it kiddo,’’ the guy waved me off with his gloved hand.
I cleared my throat awkwardly and watched him drive off, honking the horn loudly.
I winced as several lights flickered on outside.
I started up the stairs, clutching my backpack tightly as I managed to step over Mr. Gronk.
He was homeless ever since his wife left him.
Some people gave him soup once in a while so he didn’t starve.
‘’Um..excuse me,’’ I gently nudged his back.
Once in a while I did see him hop in a truck with someone and drive off somewhere.
‘’What in tarnation- huh?’’ he snorted awake, blinking groggily.
‘’I have to get through,’’ I slipped past him and fumbled with my key sticking it in the lock.
It was usually Tim who picked me up and swung me into the room.
Well on his good days.
It was like he chose when to be nice, or romantic or just straight out mean as a snake.
I fell onto the couch and shut my eyes, letting out a sigh.
My phone buzzed and I looked down at Carly’s caller ID.
Hey girlfriendd! Where ya been at school? We miss you! XOXO
I immediately flatly answered and rolled my eyes. She was the fakest human being in the world.
I’m being homeschooled online now.
Mom had already paid for the tuition when I started dating Tim. I wonder if she had mind reading abilities.
Watt! That’s crazy. Someone told me you were pregnant? Is it true? o.o
‘’Oh it’s true,’’ I mumbled to myself and stood up texting.
Promise not to tell? I had my baby already. Months ago.
My texts compared to her’s were hilarious. Just boring periods with no emoji’s.
OMG NO WAY! What did you name her? Was IT fun?
Oh God. I could already imagine her giggling and blushing.
She wanted to have a boyfriend but her parents forbade it. Something about maturity.
Yeah IT was fine I guess. I liked seeing Lilly better tho.
Who’s Lily?
I made a grunting noise in the back of my throat.
The baby. I gave her up for adoption.
Carly never replied and I didn’t even get that mad. People always stopped when I started with ‘’I had a baby..’’
At sixteen?
Dang, where were her parents?
That’s just disgusting.
I adjusted myself on a pillow that still smelled strong of Tim’s cologne.
‘’I hope you’re coming back soon,’’ I whispered softly and brushed the hair from my eyes.
It got lonely once in a while without someone by your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment