Friday 26 October 2018

**** CHAPTER11:TORNS OF A ROSE WRITTEN BY WUNGA ****

‘’T his is Mikey.’’
Carly giggled so many times it made me roll my eyes while gesturing to a boy around my age wearing all black.
Oh God.

I bet she had some weird obsessive crush on him already.
Some sparkly earrings were showing off his huge earlobes.
‘’Hey,’’ he nodded at me.
I waved awkwardly and waited as she introduced the next boy.
His name was Ralph who was quiet with sharp brown eyes and saggy clothes.
‘’Hi,’’ he whispered.
O-kay.
‘’Well let’s get a move on to watch this movie!’’ Carly crowed.
She seemed way to excited about this in my opinion.
I was the last one walking into the theaters, trying to calm myself down.
Just have fun Dahlia!
‘’How about we get some popcorn first?’’ Carly pulled out her wallet and yanked out a credit card.
Ralph kicked the floor and shuffled up next to me.
‘’I am not so good at socializing,’’ he laughed blush creeping up his tanned skin.
‘’It’s okay. Me either,’’ I watched Mikey start to flirt with Carly.
Weird.
‘’I have never seen a movie before,’’ he admitted.
I widened my eyes trying to think of a reason why. Maybe he had just immigrated to America.
Okay, that was a little stereotypical.
‘’It’s pretty cool. But you have to be quiet,’’ I smiled thinly.
If you really knew me I rarely laughed or even shared a nice big cheesy grin.
It just wasn’t me.
‘’We can’t laugh?’’ Confusion crossed Ralph’s face which made a small snort come out of me.
‘’No,’’ I laughed. ‘’You can, you just can’t talk a lot.’’
Mikey grabbed the can of popcorn salted with butter and popped a piece in his mouth.
‘’C’mon guys,’’ he said the word with a glint in his eyes.
Carly was dreamily staring up at him probably thinking about how she was going to kiss him.
‘’I never catch your name,’’ Ralph nudged me.
I was tempted to be a grammar Nazi and correct him with the word ‘’Caught’’ but I didn’t.
Which was surprising.
I jumped at the sudden gesture and then relaxed, breathing softly.
‘’Dahlia,’’ I brushed a purple highlight away from my eye.
We stepped into the movie theater and I saw Ralph wince at the loud volume.
‘’You’ll get used to it,’’ I raised my voice.
The Movie we were watching was supposed to be another cliche shark vs surfer movie.
I was expecting for the human to survive.
‘’My ears is bleeding!’’ he flashed me a smile.
I grinned back which seemed to make my whole face feel like it was melting.
This whole night was off.
Mikey plopped down in between us and held out the popcorn bowl roughly to me.
‘’Thanks?’’ I grabbed a handful.
Ralph was playing with a bunch of his t-shirt nodding blankly along to Carly’s blabbing.
I caught the word ‘’chemistry.’’
‘’No problem hottie,’’ he winked and settled back in the chair.
That was when I knew this was all a big mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment