Wednesday 24 October 2018

**** CHAPTER 2:THORNS OF A ROSE WRITTEN BY WUNGA ****


And if you need anything..anything just call us,’’ Mom patted my hand.
It’s not like they actually cared what I did anymore.

I was now officially Dahlia: The Bad Girl.
I nodded firmly and sat back in the booth, stroking my hollow stomach.
I had already had Lilly just a few months ago.
So why did it feel like she was still there?
‘’Any word from Tim?‘’ Dad finally asked, sipping his coffee.
I glared at him so sharply Mom tilted her blonde hair at me with a sad sad look.
Aw poor baby, was what she was thinking.
‘’Well he is your boyfriend as well as the boy who got you pregnant,’’ he snapped.
See?
Dahila: The Bad Girl.
I clenched my jaw and sipped some off my caramel latte.
‘’Let’s both settle down. I feel some tension brewing,’’ Mom put up her hands.
I grunted and Dad did the same crossing his arms over his chest.
‘’I thought I taught you better,’’ he flicked the words off his tongue like posion.
It hurt just the same as sticks and stones. That saying was so dumb anyway.
Everyone knew it was just a lie.
‘’I’m sixteen not six,’’ I felt my eyes flash at him.
He shook his head and inched out of the booth, storming out of the cafe like a bull.
‘’Did I mention that I hate him?’’ I looked up at Mom.
She reached over and placed a hand on my clammy cheek.
‘’Honey he’s just taking it all in. He doesn’t want to lose his little baby,’’ she cooed.
‘’He doesn’t want to lose his little baby,’’ I flatly stared at her.
Mom wrapped her wrinkly hands around the mug she was sipping from.
Full to the brim with green tea most likely.
‘’Well we should get going. It’s late you know,’’ she winked at me.
That was basically code for Get to Sleep By Twelve Or Else.
‘’Remember we’re only a call away,’’ Mom stood up and wrapped me in a bear hug.
Yes I know.
‘’I got it Charlie Puth. Thanks anyways,’’ I strapped my backpack on.
I trekked outside and despertaley clicked around for my car. It made a small moaning noise.
As usual.
‘’There’s my baby,’’ I patted her hood and slid inside.
The seats were getting kind of old so whenever I sat down it squished.
My phone buzzed and I put it to my ear, giddy at the caller ID. Maybe it was Timmy!
It would be so nice to hear his gravelly voice again.
‘’Hello?’’ I cleared my throat and started smoothing down my puffy hair in the mirror.
Like he could see through the phone.
‘’Hey is this the baby day care center?’’ A goofy voice asked.
My fingers clenched my phone so tight I bet I was squeezing all the battery percentage out.
‘’Leave. Me. Alone!’’ I snapped.
Mom’s voice echoed in my mind and I angrily swatted the air.
So I had gotten prank called and it wasn’t Tim after all. What else could go wrong?
I clicked on the engine and turned my keys.
My car made the noise of a dying cat and then a goldfish somehow drowning.
‘’Oh no no no. Please baby, not today!’’ I begged.
I stuffed the keys again and turned, breathing heavily. Maybe God could hear me.
Just this one time it would be nice.
‘’Please,’’ I whispered turning the ignition.
Nope.
I leaned my head back on the soft seat and closed my eyes.
That never did stop tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment