Saturday 24 November 2018

N'golo Kante Is Chelsea's Most Expensive Player.


N'golo Kante has signed a new five-year deal at Chelsea to become the highest paid player at the club. Kante has put pen to paper on a £290,000-a-week contract after the Blues dug deep to ward off interest from Paris Saint-Germain. 

The French giants had been desperate to tempt the World Cup winner to Paris and were prepared to break the bank to get their man. But Chelsea moved swiftly to come up with new terms which will see the popular 27-year-old remain at Stamford Bridge until 2024. And with Kante refusing to set up an offshore company to funnel his salary through, his contract will also be a welcome boost to the UK tax authorities who will benefit to the tune of £6.7million a year. 

Kante said: ‘I’m happy to extend my time with Chelsea, it has been two beautiful years and I wish for more to come.

"Since I came, I completely improved as a player, challenged myself and got some awards I never thought about. "I like the city, I like the club and I am happy to be here for more time." Club director Marina Granovskaia added: 'We are delighted N’Golo has signed a new contract and sees his long-term future with Chelsea. 

"When he arrived, we knew we had signed a special player but he has astounded everybody with his tireless and unselfish displays.

No comments:

Post a Comment