Wednesday 14 November 2018

Lionel Messi says he likes being called the best player in the world.


The 31-year-old was at the LaLiga Santander MARCA's football awards for the 2017/18 season. The Argentine superstar scooped up the two major honours up for grabs as he was awarded the Pichichi prize for contributing 34 goals throughout lasts season and also the Di Stefano trophy for the best player award after playing a pivotal role as Barcelona won the League. 


In a report by Spanish media outlet Marca, Messi stated that despite the departure of Portuguese star Cristiano Ronaldo to Juventus from Real Madrid La Liga is getting stronger. He said, "It's good that the league is more competitive than ever, nothing is easy, anyone can beat anyone and I hope it continues like that for some time.Messi is usually regarded as the best player of his generation and in the world despite not winning the FIFA Best Player award for the last three years. 

He admitted that he likes being the best, Messi said, "I like to hear that I'm the best in the world, that's what I have been working towards my whole life.” The Barcelona star who suffered an arm injury against Sevilla but returned to score two goals against Real Betis.” He stated in the report that he was careful in the encounter, “I'm a little scared about my elbow because I didn't have much contact, but I loosened up a bit as the game [against Real Betis] went on." 

Messi who has been excluded from the Argentine team to take part in the recent international break is expected to Barcelona as the reigning La Liga champions aim to bounce back from defeat against third-placed Atletico Madrid.

No comments:

Post a Comment