Friday 29 June 2018

Emotional survivor of Maryland newspaper shooting blasts Trump as she breaks down describing how she hid from gunman under her desk.



A journalist who survived the Maryland newspaper shooting said they need a lot more than 'thoughts and prayers' as she and her colleagues deal with the aftermath of Thursday's horrific attack. Selene San Felice, a staff writer at Capital Gazette, was on Anderson Cooper 360 Thursday night, hours after gunman Jarrod W. 


Ramos stormed into the newspaper's Annapolis office and opened fire. Five people were killed in the shooting, and two more injured. Felice said she had heard that president Donald Trump offered his prayers to those affected by the shooting, but said more needs to be done.‘We need more than prayers. I appreciate the prayers. I was praying the entire time I was under that desk,’ she told Anderson Cooper getting emotional. ‘I want your prayers, but I want something else.’Felice went on to describe how she hid underneath her desk and texted her parents that she loved them as Ramos fired at her coworkers. She said she remembers covering the Pulse nightclub shooting in Florida and hearing about survivors doing the same thing. ‘I don’t know what I want right now but I’m gonna need more than a couple days of news coverage and thoughts and prayers,' she said, getting emotional. 'Our whole lives have changed. Thanks for your prayers but I couldn’t give a f**k about them if there’s nothing else.' 

No comments:

Post a Comment